Skip to main content

Featured

Run, Rat, Run (Second Version)

Run, rat, run! Run as fast as you can. You must run to earn your bread! If you stop running, You will earn nothing And you won’t be able to get fed. Run, rat, run! Run early in the morning Or run late into the night. Either wake up before Mr. Sun Or wake up with the Man in the Moon For you cannot afford respite. Run, rat, run! You’re the best runner we have! The most successful racer by far! Keep running at this pace And you just might win the race! Thank you for giving us all that you are. Run, rat, run! What’s this? You want extra crumbs? Proposturous! Utterly ridiculous! You’re not even that speedy And you’re already being greedy. You cannot possibly be serious. Run, rat, run! Don’t slow down now Though you puff and you pant for air. If you keep running You will stop foolishly thinking That this life isn’t right or fair. Run rat run! Don’t stop now! You must run all day, all night long! If you really hope to thrive And you really want to survive  You must continue to run strong!...

I Should Have Stayed Home

I should have stayed home.

It would have been better.

Than getting mud splattered

On my brand new sweater.


I should have stayed home

So that I could avoid

The neighbor who talks too much

And makes me annoyed.


I should have stayed home

Instead of going to the park

To be chased by a dog

Who loved to bark.


I should have stayed home

To avoid shouting at the man

Who let his dog off its leash

Despite the park’s dog ban.


I should have stayed home

Instead of going to get coffee

From the local coffee shop

Only for the coffee to disappoint me.


I should have stayed home

Instead of going to the store

Only for an idiot to start a fire

So that I couldn’t get what I came for.


Well, I am home now

And in this home I will stay.

I intend to sit back and relax

After this very stressful day.

Comments

Popular Posts

1 09