Skip to main content

Featured

Run, Rat, Run (Second Version)

Run, rat, run! Run as fast as you can. You must run to earn your bread! If you stop running, You will earn nothing And you won’t be able to get fed. Run, rat, run! Run early in the morning Or run late into the night. Either wake up before Mr. Sun Or wake up with the Man in the Moon For you cannot afford respite. Run, rat, run! You’re the best runner we have! The most successful racer by far! Keep running at this pace And you just might win the race! Thank you for giving us all that you are. Run, rat, run! What’s this? You want extra crumbs? Proposturous! Utterly ridiculous! You’re not even that speedy And you’re already being greedy. You cannot possibly be serious. Run, rat, run! Don’t slow down now Though you puff and you pant for air. If you keep running You will stop foolishly thinking That this life isn’t right or fair. Run rat run! Don’t stop now! You must run all day, all night long! If you really hope to thrive And you really want to survive  You must continue to run strong!...

Perhaps I’m an Alien


Sometimes I feel like a weirdo

Everywhere I go.

I wonder about social norms

Like when should I say hello


Or when should I ignore someone

And keep going on my way?

Or how do I end a conversation

Before walking away?


If I say hello and no one hears,

That is a little awkward for me.

If I don’t say hello and the other person does

That makes me worry.


What if the other person thinks

That I think poorly of them

Because instead of saying hello

I decided to ignore them?


When someone says “Thank you,”

What should I say?

Do I say, “No problem,” 

Or “My pleasure, have a good day?”


I think the latter is the most pleasant

But when I say “No problem,” by accident

I think, “Now they think I was annoyed by them

And that their presence was inconvenient.”


Perhaps I am an alien

Who somehow got left behind

By the other aliens, and as a result 

I’m struggling with the customs of mankind.


I’d like to think I’m a fairy

Forced to live amongst the human race.

But I’m most likely a silly, lost alien

Who needs to get back to outer space.

Comments

Popular Posts

1 09