Skip to main content

Featured

Run, Rat, Run (Second Version)

Run, rat, run! Run as fast as you can. You must run to earn your bread! If you stop running, You will earn nothing And you won’t be able to get fed. Run, rat, run! Run early in the morning Or run late into the night. Either wake up before Mr. Sun Or wake up with the Man in the Moon For you cannot afford respite. Run, rat, run! You’re the best runner we have! The most successful racer by far! Keep running at this pace And you just might win the race! Thank you for giving us all that you are. Run, rat, run! What’s this? You want extra crumbs? Proposturous! Utterly ridiculous! You’re not even that speedy And you’re already being greedy. You cannot possibly be serious. Run, rat, run! Don’t slow down now Though you puff and you pant for air. If you keep running You will stop foolishly thinking That this life isn’t right or fair. Run rat run! Don’t stop now! You must run all day, all night long! If you really hope to thrive And you really want to survive  You must continue to run strong!...

Nothing Fits

I looked at all the fancy dresses and sighed. My friend told me that Vivian’s had the best designer clothes, but everything was too big for me. The emerald dress with daisies on the hem, the velvet cloak that would make Little Red Riding Hood jealous, the leather gloves–they wouldn’t fit me!

Even the extra-extra small clothes weren’t small enough. Why didn’t people ever make clothes for people like me? It wasn’t fair! I’ll have to learn to sew my own dresses. 

I fluttered out of the store. Sometimes I wished I wasn’t a pixie who’s as small as Thumbelina.

Comments

Popular Posts

1 09