Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

Walking to Work

Walking to work all alone

With the cool breeze in my face

I hear squirrels skittering down trees

Scraping the bark and knocking down leaves.


I hear birds singing above me.

Perhaps they can speak to the squirrels, I think.

Perhaps they know the squirrels language

And they talk of urgent business to them.


Golden and brown leaves litter

The pale gray sidewalk I walk on.

The leaves sometimes clack, click,

As they tumble in the gentle wind.


As I draw nearer to my destination

I see a small green field

Where the pixies, disguised as dragonflies,

Dance around in the sunlight.


Walking back from work I feel

The heat of the sun baking me

I take brief stops in the trees’ shade

And then continue walking.


When I make back to my small abode

I finally pick up a book and relax

For the stresses of work can now die peacefully

As the fairytale I read comes alive.

Comments

Popular Posts