Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

God’s Flood

God’s vengeance is brewing today

I can feel it in my bones.

The wind's picking up,

Clouds are huddling up,

And the thunder’s shaking mighty people’s thrones.


It will be like Noah and the flood

That came on that fateful day.

The people didn’t know

The water levels would grow

And wipe them all away.


By the time the ark was finished

The rains poured down with wrath.

The evil ones saw their fate

But it was far too late

The waters swallowed all in their path.


You thought you had escaped His judgment

You thought you had dodged His wrath.

You thought after your sin

You wouldn’t get your reckoning

But now God is on the warpath.


Did you think God didn’t see the pain

And the suffering you have wrought?

God can see all

And He’s gonna make you fall

He isn’t One to be mocked.


Like Noah, I will build an ark

That will thrive in the flood.

It’s for me and my friends.

You’re not allowed in

You’ve wallowed in too much mud.


Did you think God wasn’t watching?

Did you think He didn’t care?

You better believe

What you’d failed to perceive;

He’s laying your sin bare.


When the floodwaters begin to rise,

The fear of God will shake your core.

You know you can’t float,

You’ll try entering my boat

But find that God’s already shut the door.


Can you see God’s vengeance

Pouring down like rain?

To you it means death

But for me, it’s the first breath

Of a new life without strife and pain.


Can you see God’s vengeance

Flooding over you as you try to stay dry?

It’s dragging you down,

You fear you will drown.

On my ark, the water’s lifting me high.


I shall journey across the sea

And find a new land with God as my guide.

I know I’m not alone

He will guide me home

To a fair place that has already dried.


I will offer Him an offering

That is sweet and pleasing to Him

And like a large cup

That won’t stop filling up

God’s presence will overflow to the brim.

Comments

Popular Posts