Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

Dragonflies Are Pixies

The dragonflies I see fly around

In a small green field where dandelions abound.

Circling and diving in cool morning air

Dancing on and on without a care.


They could be after prey

Like the gnats that fly in the day

But I have some theories

One being that the dragonflies are really pixies


The pixies wear a magic disguise

As unassuming dragonflies

So that they can dance in plain sight

Of the dangerous humans without fright.


Pixies love to explore and dance

To flutter about and prance.

But they cannot do that in pixie form

Like in their world where it’s the norm.


If they didn’t wear disguises, 

They’d be captured in human vices

And be pinned in display cases

Like butterflies hung in people's living spaces.


So they hide in plain sight

And flutter about day and night.

Knowing most humans will leave them in peace

Most of their unease can cease.


So whenever I see a dragonfly

In groups or alone on the fly

I think, The pixies have come again today,

And happily go my way.

Comments

Popular Posts