Skip to main content

Featured

Run, Rat, Run (Second Version)

Run, rat, run! Run as fast as you can. You must run to earn your bread! If you stop running, You will earn nothing And you won’t be able to get fed. Run, rat, run! Run early in the morning Or run late into the night. Either wake up before Mr. Sun Or wake up with the Man in the Moon For you cannot afford respite. Run, rat, run! You’re the best runner we have! The most successful racer by far! Keep running at this pace And you just might win the race! Thank you for giving us all that you are. Run, rat, run! What’s this? You want extra crumbs? Proposturous! Utterly ridiculous! You’re not even that speedy And you’re already being greedy. You cannot possibly be serious. Run, rat, run! Don’t slow down now Though you puff and you pant for air. If you keep running You will stop foolishly thinking That this life isn’t right or fair. Run rat run! Don’t stop now! You must run all day, all night long! If you really hope to thrive And you really want to survive  You must continue to run strong!...

Breakfast Toast

I decided to try something new today for breakfast. I made toast, but instead of putting butter or jam on it, I put a fried egg on it, a little bit of chopped tomato, and some lettuce and kale. The toast with fried egg tasted pretty good, though I wondered if I could’ve added something else to it. I’m glad I tried it out. I also had it with some oatmeal and fruit. 

I’ve been working on a couple of other stories lately. I’ve also been reading and listening to other books, like The Hardy Boys by Franklin W. Dixon, The Valley of Fear by Conan Doyle, and a couple of A to Z Mysteries books by Ron Roy. I enjoy mystery stories and I love Sherlock Holmes. The Sherlock books are by far the best mystery books I’ve ever read. The mysteries are unique and I like Watson and Holmes’ friendship. Holmes has a knack for noticing clues that Watson or other detectives overlook, which is one of the reasons he’s such an interesting character. I may write my thoughts on the Valley of Fear in another post once I finish reading it.

Here is a video of me making the toast and fried eggs, along with some photos. 








Comments

Popular Posts

1 09