Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

For You and God Alone

I was living life in peace

‘Til you showed up with a new lease

On a life you say was given

By our wonderful Father in Heaven.


You tell me you were wrong.

You messed up badly all along.

You want to mend the things you tore.

But I’m not a child anymore.


You say you’ve changed, that is great.

I’m happy for you, there’s no hate.

You want to make up for lost time

But I’m older now, and without you I'm fine.


This path of healing you have chosen

Is for God to heal what’s broken.

I am going to be real,

I cannot help you heal.


You’ve burned your bridges.

This one’s in ashes.

My heart’s still afflicted

From the past damage you’ve inflicted.

 

I don’t know how you cannot see

That your healing doesn’t involve me.

I’m not a child, I am grown.

This journey is for you and God alone.


You say that you understand

But please hang on, give you a chance

To show me that you’ve changed your ways

And that we can start a new page.


You don’t understand the strife,

The pain you caused in my life.

This apology has led to naught,

For I suffer from the pain you've wrought.


Your past actions had their toll

And caused me to have a wounded soul.

You say you changed, good for you.

I still got scars from what you put me through.


You should really go away.

We are far from being okay.

I am fully grown

Your journey is for you and God alone.


I want to be left alone.

Go away, and go home.

I don’t care if you cry or frown,

This bridge has burned down.

Comments

Popular Posts