Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

The Book Curse of Bumblebee Verse

When I was a young fairy,

I borrowed a tome

From my local library

And took it home.


Now library books

Cannot be kept

But must be returned,

Else you’d acquire dept.


But me being a bookworm

Who was also a fool

I thought I could somehow

Break that little rule.


I wanted to keep the tome

And have it all to myself,

For it was a rare book

I wanted to add to my shelf.


So I thought about stealing it

And never returning it

Despite my conscience

Telling me not to do it.


But as I read the book

I found a book curse

That was written by none other

Than Bumblebee Verse.


He was a fairy scholar

Of great renown in my time

Known for his excellent poetry

And his great skill in rhyme.


It was the first book curse

I had ever read

And when I read it

My heart filled with dread.


“Those who would steal this book

From its rightful owner

Will be attacked by vicious hounds

And be torn asunder.


“Those who would tear a page

From this illuminated book

Shall see their books destroyed

Along with their favorite book nook.


“Those who have scribbled on

These wonderful pages

Shall be attacked ruthlessly

By wrathful book fairies and book mages.


“Heed this warning

Those who wield this tome

Be careful with this treasured book

As you take it home.”


What was I to do?

Well, needless to say,

I vowed never to do such horrid things

That very same day.


One would be foolish

To risk being cursed

Especially by such a respected fairy

Like Bumblebee Verse.


I repented of my ways

And as soon as I could

I returned the book to the library

Like all good fairies should.

Comments

Popular Posts