Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

Creating My First Moodboards

After scrolling on Pinterest late into the night, I saw some moodboards and decided to try making some myself. I heard that some writers use moodboards to get ideas for their stories, so maybe the moodboards I made will give me inspiration for a story or maybe it will give you inspiration for one. 

This is my first attempt to make moodboards. Though there were a couple that I thought could have turned out better, I did like some of them. All of the images used in these moodboards were taken by me.

Mysterious Forest


This one is my second favorite so far. I love how the pink flowers go well with the green leaves of the trees and vines. 

This moodboard gives me the sense that there is a mysterious forest nearby, and within it is a hidden garden with beautiful pink flowers.

Yellow


This didn’t quite turn out as well as I wanted it to, but I did enjoy putting together the images that had similar colors to one another.

This moodboard gives me an idea of a place where perhaps an eccentric personality loves the color yellow so much that she decorates most of her home with that color. She plants yellow flowers, and only allows yellow butterflies and other insects into her little domain. She only makes a few exceptions to her little rule, such as flowers that are the color pink, since pink is her second favorite color.

Red


This one is my favorite. I loved taking pictures of birds, plants, and anything else that seemed to pop in my surroundings. I’m glad these pictures became of use later.

Although some of the images were taken during spring, the red berries, the cardinals, and the red coat give off winter vibes to me. Perhaps in one fantastical world far away from our own, there is magical oasis of sorts that grows spring flowers even in the midst of winter.

So what do you think? Do you have a favorite? Let me know in the comments if you do. 😊

Comments

Popular Posts