Skip to main content

Featured

Run, Rat, Run (Second Version)

Run, rat, run! Run as fast as you can. You must run to earn your bread! If you stop running, You will earn nothing And you won’t be able to get fed. Run, rat, run! Run early in the morning Or run late into the night. Either wake up before Mr. Sun Or wake up with the Man in the Moon For you cannot afford respite. Run, rat, run! You’re the best runner we have! The most successful racer by far! Keep running at this pace And you just might win the race! Thank you for giving us all that you are. Run, rat, run! What’s this? You want extra crumbs? Proposturous! Utterly ridiculous! You’re not even that speedy And you’re already being greedy. You cannot possibly be serious. Run, rat, run! Don’t slow down now Though you puff and you pant for air. If you keep running You will stop foolishly thinking That this life isn’t right or fair. Run rat run! Don’t stop now! You must run all day, all night long! If you really hope to thrive And you really want to survive  You must continue to run strong!...

The Dog in the Park


There’s a dog who wanders the park;

I came across him one day.

He wagged his tail and jumped about.

He really wanted to play.


I didn’t have a bouncy ball

Or a stick to throw.

All I had was a blue bobby pin

And my pretty red bow.


I wasn’t going to throw those things

So, in that case,

I found a rock and threw it

And the dog gladly gave chase.


He picked up the rock,

Then tripped as he ran back to me.

But the rock wasn’t in his mouth.

“Where on earth could it be?”


I looked around for the rock.

Maybe it fell into a hole?

When I didn’t find the rock, I knew

The poor thing had swallowed it whole.

Comments

Popular Posts

1 09