Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

The Queen's Prophecy


I, Queen Chiwoniso,

Wondered what would become

Of my kingdom and my lineage.

Will it survive the days to come?


That day, I had a vision

In the dead of the night.

It troubled me for days;

I had no respite.


I saw Mushana’s future;

It will have days of great success.

During that time, God will plant a seed

For everyone to witness.


Despite this wonderful gift,

The royal family will ignore the seed.

They will leave it to grow on its own

And to fend itself against the weeds.


Only a few good people

Will try to attend to its needs.

They will water it, give it a little sun

And try to pull out some of the weeds.


But God will do most of the work

So that the flower will survive.

It will become strong and beautiful

And despite the struggles, it will thrive.


It will bring healing and rest

To the broken and weary.

It will bring life and joy

When all seems lifeless and dreary.


But the members of the royal family

Lacking empathy, filled with apathy,

May try to destroy the flower

Out of anger and jealousy.


But God will hide His flower

Beneath the shadow of His wings

He will take His flower away

To a land of gardens and cool springs.


I will share this vision to all

By way of messenger birds.

To all with eyes to see and ears to hear

Heed these words;


God’s Flower will bloom in the midst

Of darkness and pain.

Then there will be hope

For Mushana Kingdom again.


But if no one heeds God

And nurtures the flower He gifted,

Then He will take His flower away

And Mushana will fall into the hands of the wicked.

Comments

Popular Posts