Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

Burkes Beach South Carolina

Yesterday, my family and I drove to Burkes Beach in Hilton Head, South Carolina. While we were walking over the bridge leading to the beach, we saw three beautiful kites in the sky and a school of fish in the river.

At the beach, there were little fish swimming in the waves that lapped the shore, little clams burrowing into the sand, and pelicans and other birds diving into the water as they tried to catch fish.

As I was wading in the ocean, I found a piece of seaweed. My sister decided to keep it. 


I also saw what I first thought might have been a shark tooth. But upon grabbing it out of the water I found it was a shell. I was hoping to find a rare seashell or something else interesting, like a shark’s tooth. Though I didn’t find anything like that, I did collect a few nice seashells and a pebble.

Here are some other photos I took at the beach. 








You can find my video of the beach here: https://youtu.be/Q4idJp0xTjQ


Comments

Popular Posts