Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

Thanksgiving

My little sister and I helped Mom with our Thanksgiving dinner today, and the food turned out perfect. I made the video above to show some of the pictures and video I took of some of the cooking and food. 

Since today is Thanksgiving, I think it would be nice to show these Bible verses. 

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, NKJV)

Therefore I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the Gentiles, and sing praises to Your name. (Psalm 18:49, NKJV)

We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks! For Your wondrous works declare that Your name is near. (Psalms 75:1, NKJV)

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. (Psalms 118:29, NKJV)

Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name; The upright shall dwell in Your presence. (Psalms 140:13, NKJV)

I am thankful that God has sent Jesus, His Son, to die on the cross and rise again that those who believe in Him will be saved. I am also thankful for the thanksgiving meal we have made today, and for God's wonderful creations such as the trees and the rain. I hope whoever may be reading this has a blessed Thanksgiving today and I pray that God gives you guidance and peace in your lives. Give thanks to God for all He has done, for He is worthy and deserving of thanks and praise.

Comments

Popular Posts