Skip to main content

Featured

Run, Rat, Run (Second Version)

Run, rat, run! Run as fast as you can. You must run to earn your bread! If you stop running, You will earn nothing And you won’t be able to get fed. Run, rat, run! Run early in the morning Or run late into the night. Either wake up before Mr. Sun Or wake up with the Man in the Moon For you cannot afford respite. Run, rat, run! You’re the best runner we have! The most successful racer by far! Keep running at this pace And you just might win the race! Thank you for giving us all that you are. Run, rat, run! What’s this? You want extra crumbs? Proposturous! Utterly ridiculous! You’re not even that speedy And you’re already being greedy. You cannot possibly be serious. Run, rat, run! Don’t slow down now Though you puff and you pant for air. If you keep running You will stop foolishly thinking That this life isn’t right or fair. Run rat run! Don’t stop now! You must run all day, all night long! If you really hope to thrive And you really want to survive  You must continue to run strong!...

This Small Chrysalis



I’m feeling trapped

In this small chrysalis

Dreaming of flowers, trees,

And other things I miss.


I want to burst out of here,

Let my wings fill in just right,

So I can satisfy my need,

My yearning to take flight.


It can be isolating

Waiting in here

As other butterflies fly

Without care, without fear.


It can get annoying

When other butterflies say,

“Why aren’t you out, lazybones?

Stop getting in your own way!”


I don’t know why I can’t escape

This suffocating shell.

Perhaps I don’t have the energy?

Perhaps I am unwell?


I must give myself more time,

And perhaps much more love.

One day, I’ll leave this chrysalis

And venture to the skies above.

Comments

Popular Posts

1 09