Skip to main content

Featured

Run, Rat, Run (Second Version)

Run, rat, run! Run as fast as you can. You must run to earn your bread! If you stop running, You will earn nothing And you won’t be able to get fed. Run, rat, run! Run early in the morning Or run late into the night. Either wake up before Mr. Sun Or wake up with the Man in the Moon For you cannot afford respite. Run, rat, run! You’re the best runner we have! The most successful racer by far! Keep running at this pace And you just might win the race! Thank you for giving us all that you are. Run, rat, run! What’s this? You want extra crumbs? Proposturous! Utterly ridiculous! You’re not even that speedy And you’re already being greedy. You cannot possibly be serious. Run, rat, run! Don’t slow down now Though you puff and you pant for air. If you keep running You will stop foolishly thinking That this life isn’t right or fair. Run rat run! Don’t stop now! You must run all day, all night long! If you really hope to thrive And you really want to survive  You must continue to run strong!...

Become Invisible

I tried to make you happy.

I tried to keep things under control.

But you’d always yell at me.

Your anger sucked me in a black hole.


Perhaps you had a chemical imbalance.

Perhaps you had trauma, I do not know.

But one thing is clear to me now;

It’s time for me to go.


I’ve made my exit plan,

But I won’t make that visible.

It’s time I gain my confidence back,

And become invisible.


All the pain you caused

Has made it clear you are unstable.

As a parent, you should listen

But you seem to be incapable


Of listening to my gentle criticism

And the feelings I express.

They are an offense to you

For what reason, I cannot guess.


Perhaps it is the fear

Of being a bad parent

That causes you to overreact

And behave in ways that are aberrant.


Whatever the reason

For being so insufferable

It really doesn’t matter

Since I will become invisible.


I will disappear and travel

To some faraway land

Where I can be at ease

And see new things firsthand.


I shall find exotic flowers

On a high mountaintop.

There, I’ll grow a garden

And build my herbalist shop.


After what you did,

The relationship’s unsalvageable.

The only solution for me

Is to become invisible.


I’m dropping off the map.

Don’t try to find me.

I’m going to find my new home.

I’m going to set myself free.

Comments

Popular Posts

1 09