Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

Become Invisible

I tried to make you happy.

I tried to keep things under control.

But you’d always yell at me.

Your anger sucked me in a black hole.


Perhaps you had a chemical imbalance.

Perhaps you had trauma, I do not know.

But one thing is clear to me now;

It’s time for me to go.


I’ve made my exit plan,

But I won’t make that visible.

It’s time I gain my confidence back,

And become invisible.


All the pain you caused

Has made it clear you are unstable.

As a parent, you should listen

But you seem to be incapable


Of listening to my gentle criticism

And the feelings I express.

They are an offense to you

For what reason, I cannot guess.


Perhaps it is the fear

Of being a bad parent

That causes you to overreact

And behave in ways that are aberrant.


Whatever the reason

For being so insufferable

It really doesn’t matter

Since I will become invisible.


I will disappear and travel

To some faraway land

Where I can be at ease

And see new things firsthand.


I shall find exotic flowers

On a high mountaintop.

There, I’ll grow a garden

And build my herbalist shop.


After what you did,

The relationship’s unsalvageable.

The only solution for me

Is to become invisible.


I’m dropping off the map.

Don’t try to find me.

I’m going to find my new home.

I’m going to set myself free.

Comments

Popular Posts