Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

Sailing Cloud

 Trees clapped in the wind and grass swayed to the side like ocean waves. Circular wispy clouds sailed eastward like ships towards adventure in the big blue sky. I watched them move on. It was like they were simply enjoying the journey. The clouds would probably go somewhere. They would go to another part of town, perhaps even another state. Even better, another country, like Switzerland. Maybe they would travel across the sea and sail by leaping dolphins and flying fish. Maybe the clouds would travel the whole world. 

Beep, beep! 

I pulled out my phone and glared at the reminder on it, telling me I had more college work to do. I turned it off and looked back up at the sky. The clouds were further away. Going, going…gone. I sighed. The cool wind howled softly. One day, I would be a cloud sailing across the world. For now, I would try to enjoy the journey.

Comments

Popular Posts