Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

My Cat Robbed a Bank

My cat robbed a bank last night, and it was all over the news.

I was sitting on my couch watching The Lord of the Rings when, at the corner of my eye, I saw my black feline, with a devious sparkle in his green eyes, go through the doggy door. I didn’t think anything of it. Although looking back, this sparkle was more devious than usual. Then I heard a loud screech of a car speeding past my house. I had assumed it was just a stupid person at the wheel.

When I awoke the next morning and flipped the TV to the local news, I saw a video of cats storming a bank and then throwing what the reporter said were catnip smoke bombs. The catnip smoke bombs clouded everyone’s vision, while the cats somehow opened the vault and stole the cash. The news also showed footage of the cats in my neighbor’s silver van driving crazily out of the bank’s parking lot and speeding through the streets, screeching as they made crazy turns. That must have been the screeching I heard last night. My black cat had his paws on the wheel! He was the getaway driver! He swerved past cars and ran through stop lights as police cars were in hot pursuit!

I guess that’s what I get for adopting a cat named Bandit.


Comments

Popular Posts