Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

Let's Play

Mimikyu the kitten bounced around Mittens. “Let’s play!”

“No,” Mittens replied, daintily licking her paws.

“Come on! Just for a little while.” He pounced on her tail, which had been flicking back and forth in annoyance.

“I am not in the mood to play now.”

“Just one game, pleeease!” He pounced on Mittens and playfully bit her tail.

Mittens growled. This kitten was fine company once and a while, but other times he was just plain annoying. All he wanted to do was play. And when he didn’t want to play, he wanted to hog all the attention of Lizzy, her owner, and get pets and treats. Lizzy was her owner first, not his.

Mimikyu kept swatting her tail. Was she always this annoying when she was a kitten? She was beginning to understand why her mother wanted a break from her and her siblings for an hour or two. This was ridiculous.

Snap! Snap!  went the camera that Lizzy used as she took pictures of a dandelion.

Maybe if she could get her attention, she’d make Mimikyu leave her alone.

“Hey,” Mittens said to her. “A little intervention would be nice.”

Lizzy stopped taking pictures of the flower and turned around.

Finally, Mittens thought. She’ll make him leave me alone.

Mimikyu playfully bit Mitten’s neck.

“Aw, how cute!” Lizzy said. She raised her camera up to take a photo.

Mittens gave her a look. “Help me.”





Author’s Note
I wanted to try out writing stories based on the photos I took by looking at the photo and then trying to add some context to it. So, I wrote this story based on a photo I took of our cats a while back. It was easier to write a story based on this photo compared to some others I have taken because they are animals and are very expressive in this photo. This makes it is easier to understand or try to interpret what is happening between the two in a fun way. I hope I will be able to write stories based on some of my other photos effectively so that they are interesting.



Copyright © 2020 caimille.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular Posts