Skip to main content

Featured

Rain

Rain crackles on the sidewalks As the thunder bellows and roars. Cars hiss by on the wet streets As fallen leaves soar. Lightning flashes in the clouds As the trees dance in the wind. Chills and goosebumps rise on my arms As the cold rain hits my skin. Birds sing in their havens As rivers form in the parking lot. Blades of grass flinch and twitch  As they are pelted by raindrops. Cars sweat and weep buckets As they are left out in the stormy weather. Puddles form in the mud As raindrops splash ripples in them together. The scent of asphalt and rain Fills the cool, humid air As God’s rain calms my restless soul And washes away my despair.

Where Fantasy is Reality

With my purse on my shoulder

And my umbrella in my hand,

I let my mind wander

To a faraway land.


Where fantasy is reality

And reality is myth

Where fairies and dwarves

Are a pleasure to be with.


Where one travels in chariots

And not in cars,

Where people ride huge birds

And fly among the stars.


Where mermaids swim in lakes

And in azure seas,

Where they sing songs with their friends

As long as they please.


Where pixies sail tiny boats

On large, crystal clear ponds,

Where pixie children flutter

And play hide and seek in the fronds.


Where unicorns run

In open green fields

And eat the golden fruit

The Golden Tree yields.


To be with wonderful things

In the Imagination Landscape!

It’s safety for a quiet person,

Who needs and longs to escape.

Comments

Popular Posts